This was SO GOOD. If I do say so myself ::pats back, rubs belly::
I used a sugar cookie recipe for crust, because I'm intimidated by pie crusts.
I made up the filling but it turned out delish! Anything using The Peach Truck peaches is bound to be good right?
RECIPE: MINI PEACH PIE
(Since this is a mini pie, you can 1. halve this crust recipe or 2. make the full recipe and make cookies out of the rest... you should obviously pick this second option)
1 lb butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
3 1/2 - 4 cups flour
1 tsp vanilla
1. Cream sugar and butter for about 5 minutes.
2. Add egg yolks and vanilla.
3. Slowly add flour until it doesn't feel sticky anymore.
4. Press saran wrap on dough and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 min.
4 small ripe peaches, thinly sliced
1/2 tbsp brown sugar *if you like a sweeter pie, use 1 tbsp
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1/8 tsp orange zest & a smidge of juice
Pinch of salt
1. Mix the filling topping together.
2. Using floured hands, press about 1/2 of the chilled dough into pie pan - just wing it, it's rustic. Try not to go too far out on the sides of the pie pan. Since it's a cookie dough recipe, the dough will spread a bit when it bakes.
3. Pour in the peach filling.
4. Top with a little extra dough in a pretty shape (and save the rest of the dough for cookies!).
5. Chill the pie in the fridge while the oven preheats to 350.
6. Place pie on a baking sheet in case of the filling or dough bubbling over.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for around 15-25 minutes until crust is lightly brown and filling is bubbly. My oven bakes way faster so just keep an eye on your pie!