1. If you know me at all, you know that I have the worst memory in the entire world. Not an exaggeration. I could go to the store specifically for diapers and come back with everything BUT diapers. Anyway, I want to document my life more. Little things that Ari says, or Max’s milestones, or concerts we see, or how I’m feeling that day. This is the BEST journal! It documents five whole years in just one little book, and it’s not overwhelming at all. You literally just write one or two sentences per day. The journal starts January 1st (you fill in the year) so get on that amazon prime, people!
2. Going on more date nights is a shared resolution for Jeffrey and me. We get so wrapped up between the kids, work, travel, etc. that sometimes we forget about spending quality time with each other, besides the 2 or 3 hours after the boys are asleep when eat dinner and watch our shows. So we’ve talked about getting a regular babysitter and going out to dinner or a movie or a concert twice a month! Even if it’s grabbing sushi and talking about our week, it’ll be nice to get back to the point of just being a married couple. That’s romance to me!
3. Must. Lose. Baby weight. Ugh. The only way to motivate a couch potato like me is to get some cute kicks and flattering workout clothes! Wondering if I’ll keep up with the fitbit? Anyone tried it?
Good luck with your resolutions, friends! Happy New Year!
1. Yep, you saw correctly. Read AAAAAA book! I am not a reader, unless it is an article in a magazine or a recipe. I do good to read my devotional at night. However, I always envy those who can find their “happy place” in a book. I don’t understand them, but I DO envy them. I would love to read all three of these books, but I want to be realistic here people!
2. I really want to take better care of myself and be pickier about what I am putting into my body in general, but I DEFINITELY want to drink more water. I notice a huge difference in my skin (since I have struggled with breakouts since birth), and as much as I love a good soda with a burger, it just isn’t worth it….well, it kind of it, but I am going to be better 🙂
3. Unplug! The irony of this one is amazing considering we just started a blog, and all I want to do is be on my computer sharing ideas and communicating with you all. However, I do think there is a balance there and I want to be “present” with my husband and my little girl. I wouldn’t say that it is a struggle now (being that Leah texted me the other day to see if I was okay since I had not responded to her early am texts and it was midnight…she is the best I tell ya), but I just want to be consistent and scheduled with my time on the gadgets.
Happy New Year everyone!! It’s going to be a good one!