Jenni and I were recently at a dinner with some of our favorite women telling each other our “real life” secrets. We like to keep it real here on the ol’ blog, so I’ll let you in on some of mine:
* The first thing I do when I get home is unbutton my jeans. Duh.
* If you’re over at my house, know that I hastily hid and cleaned everything the 5 minutes before you came. I’m probably sweating and now you know why.
* Sometimes Daniel Tiger or Wild Kratts babysit my kids.
* And lastly, I have nightly grownup secret eating time.
The ladies were particularly excited about this recipe of mine: the 30 second Rice Krispie Treat in a mug. This was my j-a-m in college when all I had was a microwave and a mini fridge. And if you compare it to other snacks you could have, it’s sort of healthy, right?
Rice Krispie Cereal
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Spray
1. Spray a large coffee mug with Butter Spray (about 5 sprays) just to coat the mug
2. Fill your mug about half full of marshmallows and spray the top with butter spray (about 3 sprays)
3. Put mug in microwave for 30 seconds (watch so the marshmallows don’t overflow!)
4. Immediately pour cereal in to about the top of the mug and stir, stir, stir
5. Consume in secret from your children and husband
6. extra points for sprinkles, chocolate chips, peanut butter, whatever your heart desires.
Here is another easy and crazy fast grownup secret eating time recipe I’m pretty obsessed with. It’s SO good. It’s literally like the inside of a Reeses cup. But please, eat these warm!!
Any other recipes I need to know about??