Actually, this post is not necessarily for MOM’s only. My body has been like this since first grade. If you have a tummy and skinny legs that are completely disproportionate, you and I have what’s called a “marshmallow on toothpicks” body shape. I’m making it official. Sure, we could give up carbs and sugar forever, but that would just make for a sad, sad life. Instead, let’s find some jeans that actually fit and make us feel good, shall we?!
After I put the word out on instagram stories, y’all came back with tons of suggestions! All different price ranges too. I’ll put them below but wanted to tell you what I ended up going with.
- EVERYDAY JEANS: Mother, Looker Ankle Fray, Girl Crush. Fits true to size. A little on the pricier side, but they’re all you need for every day! These are a medium wash with cute frayed ankles to give it that styled look. I’ve worn them with cute tennies and booties- looks cute either way. The waist band is wide!!! It doesn’t roll down every time you sit down! The waistband is higher up in the back, so no plumber butt issues. The jeans have a little stretch and fits my marshmallow on toothpick body perfectly. My one tiny complaint is that I wish the denim was a little thicker or had a button fly to really keep in allllll that tummy. They’re SO good. Four stars.
- GOING OUT JEANS: Reformation, High & Skinny, Black Wash. I got one size down from Mother. These are stretchy without being tooooo tight. They are high rise but not in an insane way. They’re half the price of a lot of jeans I was looking at (score!) and just fit like a glove! So far, they haven’t stretched out where I have to constantly pull them up. Can dress up or down.
I also got Paige jeans that day and wore them out of the store, but after about 10 minutes they were sliding down, and I was walking like a penguin! Thankfully they’re from Nordstrom and the return policy is the best! They certainly looked really cute and fit well, but I think not having much of a butt to hold them up, they just slid right down. Bummer!
Here are the other suggestions y’all sent in! Click on the photo or scroll down. Thank you, internet family!!
* Madewell, high rise. These just don’t fit me, but the majority of you said you loved them! I’m sure if your body is more proportional, they would look great! They have a recycling program where you can turn in your old jeans and get $20 off your new pair! These actually look great.. might try these next: Madewell, Roadtripper.
* Old Navy, Rockstar. I own these! They’re definitely jeggings but they don’t look like it. They have a nice wide band although I’m not sure if they slim as well as the jeans I bought. They tend to push out the top part of my tummy, but if I’m wearing a looser top, it doesn’t matter. Super inexpensive and cute.
* AG Jeans Legging – these were super cute on! Might get these as a third pair.
* Wit and Wisdom. I didn’t try these yet, but they look like the have potential… not sure if the legs are skinny enough for me, BUT a lot of you said that they have tummy sucking in thingies built in to the fabric!
* Kut from the Kloth, Diana. I tried these, and they didn’t fit me at all. BUT what I love about the company is that you can pick 5 jeans to try on, they send them to you without charging you, and you only pay for what you keep. If you have more on your try on list, they’ll send you your next 5 when you return the first round. That’s pretty cool!
* Good American. I own two pairs of these. I loved them for postpartum, but now that I’m slightly less fluffy, they’re not fitting and really stretch out in the legs. I think these are great for girls with more of a butt and hips. Lucky. Ugh.
* Athleta – I tried these… comfy but the legs weren’t skinny enough
* American Eagle – high waisted jeggings
Let me know if you have anything else to add to the list!
The moral of the story is: You should feel good in your jeans, no matter the size. By good I mean COMFORTABLE and CONFIDENT. Get what fits you now. Don’t beat yourself up if you don’t fit in what you wore last year, especially if you’ve had a baby or three. Talking to myself here as much as I’m talking to you. Thanks for all of your help! I hope this helps YOU!