Who’s dressing up as Eleven for Halloween? Well you’ll need an Eggo waffle purse to complete the look. Obviously.
This purse actually works!! You can open and close it- probably just put the essentials in there since it’s not too sturdy. It’s easy to make and will be the talk of your party! Don’t forget the bloody nose.
WHAT YOU NEED:
– 2 empty Eggo waffle boxes
– scissors / exacto knife
– hole punch
– double stick tape
– clear packing tape
1. eat all the waffles.
2. using double stick tape, secure the side of the box that you opened to get the waffles out.
3. cut the top off of the first box. You can leave a little border around it but you don’t need to.
4. cut all of the sides off of the second box. Keep the sides to reinforce the purse even more.
5. you have 4 flaps now. Line the insides of the BOTTOM and BACK flaps only with double stick tape. Make sure to leave the top two flaps without tape since that’s where the purse will open. I made that mistake if you can’t tell by the torn cardboard!
6. stick the second box to the first using the tape. Bottom to bottom, back to back. Again the top two flaps should remain tape-free.
7. reinforce the flap of the second box to the first box with clear packing tape. For extra security and some shine, you can line the whole inside flap with tape.
8. For the chain…since your hole punch probably isn’t strong enough to punch a hole through three layers, you’ll need to go one layer at a time. Punch a hole on each side of the box about an inch down from the top. Depending on size of the chain attachments, you may have to make a couple slits on either side of the hole like I did, but you can’t really see it. Using double stick tape, attach the extra sides from the second box on top of the first box sides to make it sturdier. Line up your hole punch and punch a hole through the new side. Put clear packing tape on the inside of the box sides and punch a hole through that. Now you should have three layers (two box layers and one tape layer) all lined up.
9. Now you can thread your purse chain through and attach it to itself. You can adjust the chain strap at this point. Link to purchase the chain strap is below. This one is actually from clutch I own!
10. reinforce any or all sides on the inside of the box with clear tape if you want it to be really sturdy.
11. attach the velcro to the opening.
12. be the chicest Eleven at your Halloween party!
Please tag us on instagram @loveandlion in your costume photos!! We would love to see what you come up with!