Here’s a quick and easy party hat tutorial for you. If you want a solidly constructed hat with the string and everything (so you can force your baby to wear it like I do) but have it match your decorations, this is my fav way to go. Scroll down for the tutorial and download.
Ari’s third birthday party HERE
Ari’s second birthday party HERE
PARTY HAT TUTORIAL:
1. Start with any store-bought hat
2. Unfold the hat, design-side down
3. Trace around the hat
4. Cut out traced shape, a little outside the lines to leave room for error
5. Put double stick tape on the two straight edges of the traced shape
6. Start with the “tab” side and tape on the hat, wrapping around the paper as you go
(If you want to do a little fringe or pom pom add this in before you close up the hat)
Download party hat numbers HERE
And here are my babies in their birthday hats! Oh how I love to torture them.
Jenni covered her hats with chalkboard paper and wrote with chalk. Amara’s first birthday party HERE
We’d love to see your party hats! Email us!