This was by far your fav post last year for a Mother’s Day craft! Simple and thoughtful- that’s the way to go. We are NOT sewers or embroiderers here… this is easy stuff, we promise!
MOTHER’S DAY CRAFT – TEA TOWELS
Mother’s day is quickly approaching…grab your kid and let’s get crafting!
We’re making hand print embroidered tea towels- WAIT! Don’t leave the page! I swear it’s a lot easier than it sounds. You don’t need to know how to embroider or sew to make this project. Just a little practice. Another option- use a fabric marker. That’s easier, right?
Jenni and I made these for our moms and mothers-in-laws 2 years ago and they were a hit!
Here’s what you need:
– Tea towel (Any will work. I got mine from Hobby Lobby)
– Embroidery hoop
– Embroidery floss and needle
– Teeny hand
1. Trace child’s hand on paper and cut out the traced shape
2. Stretch tea towel and fasten tightly in embroidery hoop
3. Trace hand shape on the towel with a pencil (easier for wriggly kiddos than to trace directly on towel)
4. Embroider: for the hand and name use a split stitch (tutorial HERE). For the heart, draw a little heart outline with pencil then use a satin stitch (tutorial HERE). To make the heart puffed up like I did, do a split stitch outline of the heart FIRST then cover those stitches with the satin stitch.
5. Give to your deserving mama and tell her now you know how it feels to love your kid more than life itself. Oh and sorry for all the teenage years.
Love & Lion Mother’s Day circa 2012! Look at our little babies!!